Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sampai jumpa!

My company is sending me on to my next challenge, so we're outta here in a few days. Thank you to all the regular readers of this blog, it was fun while it lasted. Before I leave Indonesia to head off to Australia, here's a few random parting thoughts about Jakarta -

I'll miss .... affordable household staff
I won't miss .... having to manage household staff

I'll miss .... having my own driver
I won't miss .... sitting in traffic for hours every day

I'll miss .... geckos in the house
I won't miss .... mosquitoes

I'll miss .... the friendly smiles of the Indonesian people
I won't miss .... being mobbed by dozens of under-employed shop assistants in shops as soon as I enter the store


I'll miss .... the variety of great food available at reasonable prices
I won't miss .... the price of wine


I'll miss .... the vast number of great, easily accessible golf courses
I won't miss .... the lack of public parklands and footpaths


I'll miss .... Sunday brunch
I won't miss .... hotel security checks


I'll miss .... drivers who brake for cats
I won't miss .... 1500 people dying on Jakarta roads every year


I'll miss .... hot and spicy food
I won't miss .... amoebiasis


I'll miss .... the entrepreneurial spirit of the locals
I won't miss .... the corruption


I'll miss .... skintight jeans in every direction you look
I won't miss .... nipple and midriff-phobia


I'll miss .... my weekend leisure time
I won't miss .... jam karet

8 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

So long ..
Thanks for all critics, jokes, and praise for Indonesia..

Good Luck :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger mia76 said...

Damn. And I just found this blog today. I thought it'd be interesting. Because I'm an Indonesian expat. LOL.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Jakartass said...

Selamat jalan.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good luck and fare thee well.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Isman H. Suryaman said...

It never sounds right when a person's first comment is "farewell".

Godspeed.

(Nope. That didn't sound right either. Oh, well.)

3:05 PM  
Blogger radit_bezit said...

i see that you have great time in indonesia ...

good bye

3:15 PM  
Blogger bestonline323 said...

Good luck!
i moved three years ago and i missed it at first but i don't miss it at all anymore.

Cheers,
Mandie
Increase Your Website Traffic

1:02 PM  
Blogger Shreyas said...

I really like the work that has gone into making the site. I will be sure to tell all all of my blog buddies about your site

seo company

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home